Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

School!!!

I just took Mallory to school for her first day of kindergarten...tear...I actually did well with the separation thing and she did too. She woke me up yelling "Someone has to take me to school now!" She was soooo nervous! She ate half a poptart and drank some gatorade, then I fixed her little snack of apple slices and grapes and another gatorade (her fav besides dr. pepper). I took her picture and she was ready to go early! We were driving to school and she was so quiet (not like her at all). I said, "What am I going to do all day without you?" and she said, "I know you're trying to make me feel better, but its not working." Too funny. We got there and took her napmat, backpack and snack bag to her room then we went to the gym for an assembly (takes me back even tho its not the same school I went to!) After assembly all the kindergarteners went to the lunchroom for breakfast where she drank a chocolate milk and waited since she'd already eaten. She found a friend named Gracie whose mom went to school with Dustin so I knew her and Mallory had met her on Sunday at a singing so they held hands and had their picture made by her mom....so sweet! She knew a few kids but not many and she was still doing the nervous shy smile she does sometimes. Then we went back to her room where she found her little desk with her name on it and all the parents were still there (thank goodness I wasn't the only one!). Only two kids were crying so I thought that was pretty good! I had already taken all her supplies yesterday so we were pretty much finished but she asked me if I would stay just a little bit longer, so I did (hey noone else was leaving yet). She gave me about 17 kisses and hugs, told me to tell Daddy she loved him, and then I left, looking over my shoulder the whole time to make sure she wouldn't cry and she didn't to my knowledge. And now I'm home, Dustin just now woke up and I've had this much time to myself.....oh yeah I think I'm gonna like this whole Me time thing! I had like 4 texts and 3 phone calls to check on Mallory (and me) so its been an eventful morning. Can't wait to talk to Mallory this afternoon and get the scoop on her day!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sad!!!! My little Mal-Mal is in Kindergarten! It's just not right! I only have 2 more years and my little Alea Bug will be there as well! I wish they were about 15 months old again :) Ok not really - but maybe for a day and then back to reality? LOL

    ReplyDelete